Table Of Contents
You may not like the stress of doing it, but you must clean your house. You will likely have to clean more often in a large household. If you know how to maintain cleanliness in a large home and apply efficient house cleaning tips, cleaning can become less of a chore.
In this guide, you'll find general house cleaning tips and steps to clean your home one room at a time. You can read up on how to stick to house cleaning schedules, how to clean homes daily, and how expert cleaners can help with household cleaning.
General House Cleaning Tips
It is satisfying to keep your house clean even if you have to do it every day of the week. It is not so difficult to apply the following house cleaning tips:
- You can use a task-by-task approach to cleaning the house. For instance, you can dust, vacuum, and mop every room first.
- Wipe down and disinfect countertops and other flat surfaces in your house. This includes appliances, light switches, and TV remotes.
- Mix a one-fourth cup of apple cider vinegar and a cup of water to make a homemade disinfectant.
Some people have a mental block on cleaning, but you will often find it easier once you start. You can use the following steps to keep your house clean easily:
- Tidy up and put everything away after cleaning. This way, clutter won't pile up around your house, and your cleaning process will be less stressful.
- Maintain a habit of putting things where they belong and clean up dishes after meals. These are great ways to avoid things piling up.
- Implement DIY closet organization ideas to use space efficiently. You can make use of tension rods and shower curtain hooks.
Cleaning Your Home One Room at a Time
Some rooms need more cleaning. Refrain from thinking about all you have to do. Simply focus on cleaning one room at a time. You can use the following order to keep your house clean:
Most likely, you use your bathroom daily. That is why bathroom cleaning should be a consistent part of your cleaning schedule. Again, it's best to clean up after yourself rather than wait till there's a bigger mess.
- Begin by cleaning the sink.
- Scrub your toilet, shower, and tub.
- Wipe down and clean off mirror spots.
- Mop and clean your floors.
- Dust shelves and disinfect surfaces.
It would be best if you stocked your bathrooms with basic cleaning supplies. This can include microfiber cloths, toilet scrub brushes, and multi-purpose cleaners. Use natural cleaners to keep surfaces clean regularly and paper towels or rags to remove hairs from sinks and around toilet bowls.
Use storage solutions to store your clothes and accessories properly. This helps to reduce clutter. Another way to reduce clutter and stay organized is to store books and magazines in drawers rather than on nightstands.
- Create a habit of making your bed every morning.
- Keep blankets folded.
- Dust and disinfect surfaces such as desks, shelves, and nightstands.
- Vacuum the floor and rugs.
- Wash bed sheets and linens regularly.
- Do not leave dishes to "soak."
- Maintain a routine kitchen cleaning schedule, like cleaning after each meal.
- Always put away dirty dishes in the sink and store them after washing.
- Wipe surfaces and disinfect countertops.
- Keep your pantry and refrigerator organized.
- Clean, dust, and mop floors.
- Regularly clean your appliances.
Living room cleaning
- Do not let everyday items such as books and bags litter the living room. Cleaning becomes much easier if you often clean up after yourself.
- Always return items where they belong. You can consider this a step to declutter your life and stay organized.
- You can use microfiber cloths to remove fingerprints and smudges easily.
- Occasionally dust and disinfect coffee tables and mantels.
- Regularly sweep or vacuum floors and high-traffic areas.
- Some storage solutions for living rooms include shoe racks, hidden storage, vertical shelves, and storage ottomans.
How to Stick to a House Cleaning Schedule
You'll find it easier to clean your house if you maintain a regular cleaning schedule. Here are tips for creating and sticking to a house cleaning schedule.
- Itemize the important chores to be done. Then keep the list on your fridge, desk, or plain sight.
- Remember to assign times to cleaning tasks in your cleaning schedule.
- Keep cleaning appliances in a location where they can be easily accessed. For example, you can keep your vacuum cleaner on the floor with more carpets.
- Separate household cleaning tasks into daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning routines. This will help you keep your house clean all year round.
Cleaning your home daily
It would be best not to wait until your home is messy before cleaning. A simple daily cleaning keeps your home ever neat. Here are some ways to keep your house clean each day:
- Make your bed each morning. A freshly made bed can get you motivated.
- You can clean while cooking. Practice reducing kitchen clutter and washing up as you cook. This helps you save time.
- Create a habit of picking things up as you move along. For instance, you can take your coffee cup to the dishwasher.
- Sweep your kitchen floor daily.
- You may make it a habit to use your washing machine to do laundry daily. Refrain from letting loads of laundry pile up.
- Do not leave spills unattended. Wipe them off immediately to avoid stains. This will keep your floors and house clean and tidy.
Cleaning your home weekly
You likely need to do deep house cleaning weekly, even if you already perform small daily cleaning tasks. You don't have to wait until it's time for spring cleaning to have a cleaned house.
You can make use of the following tips for your weekly cleaning schedule:
- Deep clean your bathrooms, living room, bedrooms, and kitchen.
- You may schedule each room for a particular day of the week.
- Likewise, it would be best if you cleaned the floors weekly.
- Use house cleaning checklists to make cleaning your home easier.
Why Hire Professionals for Your Cleaning Needs?
As mentioned earlier, daily cleaning can make major weekly cleaning easier. You do not need to wait until you perform your deep cleaning routine. Meanwhile, you do not have to do it all alone. There are professional cleaning companies who can help you keep your house clean.
They offer a wide range of cleaning services such as bedroom cleaning, living room cleaning, appliance cleaning, and more to keep your house clean and organized. Additionally, they are equipped with the right cleaning products for the job.
Hire an Experienced House Cleaning Service
After reading this piece, you know more about maintaining cleanliness in a large household. You also know how professional cleaning companies can help. If you would rather use the time to do something else, you can get professional home organizers and maid services to help you with household cleaning.